BR built 875 of these wagons between 1954 and 1960. Originally they were restricted to Devon and Cornwall but later went further afield. The design was based on almost identical wagons built by the GWR. In the 1970s most were fitted with distinctive blue ‘clay hoods’, and they lasted into the 1990s. The kit is straightforward to build using a Peco 9ft chassis kit which is included.